Sunday 12 August 2018

How To Get Motivated

Since I started this blog I have always been open about my struggle with depression & anxiety. I'm sure anyone who struggles with mental illness too is aware that one of the common signs of depression is losing all motivation to do anything at all.

I am fully aware of how hard it is to get your motivation back once it's gone and although I try my best to live a positive, motivated & happy life I can't pretend that I don't struggle when it comes to motivating myself. 

However, for a few months I have been trying out different things to help motivate myself and I really want to share with you what I found helped me most in case it helps you in any way at all.

Lets get started,

1. Music

Music has been a huge part of my journey when it comes to motivating myself. The first thing I do in the morning is pop in my earphones and play music that I know will make me want to get out of bed and put me in a great mood! When you start the day right it really has a knock on effect for the rest of the day. 

I've also found this REALLY useful when it comes to motivating myself to exercise!

(Image not mine - credit linked)


2. Wake Up Early

Now for this to really work you will need to go to bed early too because if you wake up tired your most likely to fall back asleep during the day rather than getting things done!

I've found that watching the sunrise in the morning really gives me so much inspiration and puts me in a great mood for the rest of the day. Having some time alone allows you to gather your thoughts and plan out your day without distractions. Not to mention that waking up early means you have more time to get whatever you need done without stressing for time!

3.Write A To Do List

I cannot even explain how much this has helped me. I tend to do this on days when i'm not in work so that I keep myself on the go. 

I will even put simple things on there like 'get a shower', 'have breakfast', etc. Because although they are pretty normal everyday things it's so important to praise yourself for even the smallest achievements. Don't ever feel like you're not doing enough, baby steps are EVERYTHING.

4. Motivation Talks

Most days I try to listen to a motivational talk on YouTube. I've really found that after watching them I feel like nothing can stop me. So many times they have helped me get out of a rut when I've found myself feeling unhappy and unmotivated. It's true that anything is possible and you just have to believe in yourself!!

I hope this helps some of you and I will definantly be revisiting this topic when I discover more things along my journey.

Love, peace & happiness to you all,

Katie. xx
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Katie Ellen. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Made By pipdig