Sunday 8 April 2018

Why You're Not A Failure

When I was a child / teenager I never really remember feeling the pressures of society. Sure, there where the normal 'school pressures' like getting good results and just generally the usual pressures you feel as a teenager to look and act a certain way. Although, I never remember these things bothering me too much. However, I feel like as soon as I hit my 20's I all of a sudden felt this huge weight on my shoulders. School and college where over so what happens now? I felt like I suddenly had to find out who I was, where I was going and how I wasn't going to be a 'failure'.

As the years have gone on and i'm now approaching 23 I have realised that you can never really be a failure and I will tell you why.

There are no time limits in life and you don't have to do anything by a certain age. You can take all the time you want to get the career you want, to have children, to move out, to get married and most of all you're probably never going to fully know who you are because as humans we are always evolving (which I truly believe is such a beautiful thing). Also, you definantly don't have to do any of these things if it doesn't make you happy.

Don't get me wrong, I am in no way saying that you don't need to work towards your dream career because I do believe that if you want something bad enough that it should always be at the front of your mind and you should always be working towards the life you deserve. However, just don't put yourself down and dislike yourself because you aren't there yet. Just keep working hard and I guarantee you will get where you want to be.

The beauty of life is that you are never stuck (even though it can sometimes feel like you are!) you are always making choices that can lead you away from the life you want or towards the life you want. And if you find that you're away from the life you want.. love yourself enough to change that and believe in yourself.

Life is too short to live it wondering what would of happened had you done what your soul wanted.

Love and peace,

Katie Ellen. xx



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Katie Ellen. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Made By pipdig