Saturday 1 April 2017

Letting Go Of Control (Stop Overthinking)

Hello loves,

I was watching a video on YouTube from infinite waters (also known as Ralph Smart) the other day about over thinking and this video sparked so much inspiration in me. I feel like I could do a whole blog post on how much Ralph's channel has changed my life but I guess I'll save that for another day! If you would like to view his video please just click riiiiight here.

I'll be honest and say I am definantly guilty of being an extreme over thinker. I think that due to my anxiety I have a constant need to analyse every situation so that I can protect myself from all angles. 

During this video Ralph talked about how we over think because we feel like we can control everything but in reality we cannot control anything at all. This hit me super hard because I felt like it completely made sense to me. There have been so many times when my anxiety and over thinking have gone through the roof because I just didn't understand how I could control situations to stop bad things from happening to me when in reality I was just causing extra stress for myself. 

After watching this video I decided to try to take steps on letting go of that control. Realising that nothing and no one truly belongs to me and that over thinking will destroy my happiness which it already has done so many times. Don't get me wrong I am in no way close to saying I've stopped over thinking. I still struggle with it daily. However, I now have the motivation and inspiration to understand that I deserve to treat myself, my mind and the people around me better.

I hope that this blog post and Ralph's video can inspire you to take steps to a better life too.

Here's to a more peaceful life.


Thank you for reading,

Katie Ellen. xxx
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Not overthinking is something my counsellor is working with me to help me overcome as it terrible for it. Second guessing myself and feeling guilty seem to go hand in hand and I'm glad someone understands. Fantastic post love! Xx

    itsallzara.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

© Katie Ellen. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Made By pipdig