Thursday 15 September 2016

Dog Therapy

Hey guys!

Today's post is going to be all about those little 4 legged human / animals that live in your house totally rent free and eat more food than you do. Yes, I'm talking about dogs! *fangirls*

So, first of all I would like to begin by saying that I wasn't always a huge dog lover. I have always loved dogs and animals in general to an extent but never really understood how people become so passionate about them. I remember having a conversation with my boyfriend Karl about his dog Jake (this is before I had my own dog) and I remember him saying he would take a bullet for him. Honestly, at the time I thought this was such an insane thing to say but I can completely say that my view now has changed 100%.


This is me and Jake, he's such a little sweetheart!


I guess before I carry on I should introduce you to my dog, right!?


This is Phoebe my little 10 month old Cavachon and we have had her since she was around 16 weeks old. She is a little a bit crazy (in the best way possible) and I honestly couldn't imagine my life without her.

It's absolutely no secret to the internet that I suffer from anxiety and depression but I truly do believe that Phoebe has helped me through bad times more than humans have, surprisingly! There have been multiple times when I have lied on my bed curled up in a little ball crying my eyes out due to depression just wishing I had the courage to ask someone to help me when this little fluff ball jumps up onto my bed and starts trying to lick away my tears and curling up onto my lap; suddenly I find myself crying with happiness. For once I didn't have to reach out to anyone and ask for help as she was already there. I'm honestly welling up just typing this!



I feel that she has also helped my anxiety more than I can even put into words. I struggle a lot to walk places by myself so before having Phoebe I severely avoided leaving the house unless I was jumping into a car. However, knowing that I have the responsibility of a dog I force myself almost everyday (other days my family members take her out) to take her for a nice long walk and having her by my side makes me feel so much less anxious and on edge; even if she does like to bark at everything! Haha. 


I honestly believe that if you do suffer with mental health issues that a dog can be a real help in your recovery but always remember that you have to show them just as much love, too! I would give cats a shout out too but I have never owned one so I'm not sure if they act the same. Do let me know in the comments below if you feel the same about your dog or any other animal you may have as I am always happy to talk about animals, haha!

Thank you so much for reading,

Katie Ellen. xx


SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Love your dog ! She looks so cute :) I really enjoy reading this post, I'm glad that little cutie helped you out when you needed it !

    I used to have a cat, I still do but she lives at my dad's (which I don't) so I barely see her but I love her so much! For the little story, I had to sleep over at my dad to get on a plane early morning and my cat just spend the whole evening with me and I fall asleep with her next to my head. Best way to fall asleep. Even though she had a look of betrayal when the alarm clock woke us up at 4 am haha !

    Can't wait to read more on your blog! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw that is so cute! I hope you get to see her soon!

      I completely relate whenever I ask my dog to go to bed when she's really tired she gives me the look of betrayal! Haha!

      Thank you for reading and commenting!!

      Katie xx

      Delete

© Katie Ellen. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Made By pipdig