Friday, 23 September 2016

Autumn Kisses

To celebrate the official second day of autumn I decided it was only right that I wrote a blog post on one of my favourite things about this season - the lipsticks! If you're an autumn lover like me then you know how exciting it is when you pop out a dark lip for the first time so I wanted to share some of my favourites with you so that we can get excited together! Woohoo!

Firstly, I wanted to begin with a dark red. Nothing says autumn / winter to me more than a super deep red.




 This is a lipstick that I have had for quite a while. It is by the brand Avon and it is in the shade 'perfect red' which is very fitting. I could imagine this shade to be absoloutley perfect for a winter night out, for a date night or if your anything like me just for the sake of it! It lasts a pretty long time considering it isn't a liquid lipstick and it is super moisturising so you don't have to worry about your lips drying out. Dark reds are one of my favourites to wear so I will for sure be cracking this one out a lot during the cold seasons!

My second choice was this stunning purple shade.




 This lipstick is in the shade 'Va Va Violet' by Revlon. I have already worn this in my last blog post which you can see by clicking here. I am an absolute sucker for dark purple and I think that this shade can really complete a snug outfit. Again, this lipstick is super moisturising and for a dark lipstick it isn't patchy on the lips what so ever! Perfect for an autumn night.

My third choice is for those of you who aren't a huge fan of super dark lipsticks.




 This is 'Whirl' by Mac and it's honestly one of my all time favourite lipsticks no matter the season. However, this does come off on the lips as a gorgeous brown shade - but not too brown that you'd avoid wearing it if you aren't a dark lip lover! I think this lipstick with a simple make up look could be the perfect statement and is for sure one that lasts on the lips for a very long time. Adore this one!

My fourth pick is another one for those who love a lighter shade in autumn / winter.




This is 'Bow And Arrow' by Kat Von D. Honestly, I must begin by saying that they are super pigmented and not drying at all. I've seen this shade looking darker on other people but for me it comes off as a lovely brown/nude which I think would be perfect for school or work as it isn't too 'out there'. It's definantly a shade I would wear on a day to day basis and would be a perfect autumn nude.

Finally, saving the best till last.



I honestly don't know where to begin with the Jeffree Star velour liquid lipsticks. I ADORE THEM. This is one of the first shades I bought from his collection and I've been obsessed ever since. This lipstick is in the colour 'Androgyny'. If you're looking for a liquid lipstick that literally lasts all day and night without making your lips feel like you've been in the desert for a couple of days then I seriously suggest that you check out these liquid lippies. I could go on all day about why I love these. Androgyny is the perfect autumn mauve shade that makes a statement to any make up look and paired with this maybelline lip liner it is the perfect combination.

What are your favourite autumn lipsticks?

Thank you so much for reading,

Katie Ellen. xx

SHARE:

6 comments

  1. Oh my! Love all of them !!
    I've got my eyes on Whirl for a while now and haaa I need it in my life.

    My favorite lipstick to wear in autumn is a dark red or a deep purple (but not as dark as yours). It just adds that little something that makes you feel fierce, doesn't it ? At least it does for me ! :)

    x

    http://sparkleofshadow.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you for sure need Whirl in your life it's a great lipstick! I definantly love a fierce purple!

      Thanks for your comment lovely xx

      Delete
  2. I absolutely loved the title from this post! :-)

    I've got the exact same Avon lipstick and like you I've had it for years but it's my all time favourite a part from the fact that it doesn't stay on for long :')

    But I've been looking for MAC shades which isn't 'Ruby Woo' and I will give this one a try! I loved this post, keep up the good work pretty lady!! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I do agree I always gravitate towards the matte lipsticks because I do find the others come o ff quite easily!

      Thank you for your comment lovely I really appreciate it!

      Katie xxx

      Delete
  3. You always pick the nicest colour lipsticks! I am thinking I will be all about the purples and Browns this Autumn can't wait!

    www.acrossthispage.com

    ReplyDelete

© Katie Ellen. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Made By pipdig