Friday, 18 March 2016

Why Can't We Just Be Happy?

Hi Guys!

I had one of those days today where I was overly happy for no reason at all and it made me realise how little those moments actually happen and even then there was something inside wondering how I could be so happy.

How often is it that we have nothing to worry about?

I know exactly what you're thinking, never, right?

In today's society we always find something to worry about. I've even realised that most of us will start to worry about other people's lives when we run out of things to worry about in our personal ones. It's kind of sad, really.

We look in the mirror and we're not society's version of beautiful and even if we are we will still never fully love the way we look. We can't afford the things we wish we could have and if we can then we always want more. We work long days and feel like we get paid so little and if we do we feel judged for earning more money than others. We never feel good enough. So how is it even possible to be happy.

Maybe it's because I'm growing up that I've been thinking about these things more and more.

First of all let me begin with the first thing I mentioned - society's version of beautiful. Now, let me start by saying that this is in no way slating thin and toned bodies. I think they are just as beautiful as every other body type. However, this is just from my point of view. I have always been around a clothes size 14-16 and was a 10-12 at my very lowest weight. I lost a lot of weight because I thought that would help me learn to love myself and guess what? I still didn't. I just found that no matter how much weight I lost I still didn't see myself as an acceptable size and I think a lot of people can relate to that.

This made me realise that just because I am a heavier girl, losing weight cannot solve all of my problems. I've come to realise that I live this life as me one time and I am not spending another minute worrying about who finds me beautiful because, well, I don't care. Life can end at any moment and when it does.. do you think your body will matter so much? Will it matter more than all those experiences you missed out on because you felt you weren't good or pretty enough?

Let's take a step back. We're here, we're alive and we deserve to love ourselves no matter what our insecurities are. Everyone has them.

I feel so drained of how negative we have become as a whole society. We're always looking at the negatives, judging people and bringing people down. It's tiring to see and annoying to hear. I'm done with living the way I feel I should. I'm no longer listening to negativity, I'm not judging people for being who they are and I am no longer worrying about the things that don't matter / can't be changed. Jealousy is a natural feeling but along with it we can still be happy for those succeeding. If we spent as much time working hard as we do complaining about people with more than us then we could be exactly where they are.

I want everyone who reads this to join in with me. Let's show people that we can spread happiness and positivity.

I would be so grateful if you could leave me a comment or tweet me @KatieEllen201 letting me know 3 things that made you happy today or just sending a compliment to someone to help them feel more positive and happy too.

The things that made me happy today are:

1. In general I had a really happy / great day.
2. My puppy being strange.
3. Going for dinner with my boyfriend and our friend Simon.

I hope you enjoyed this post and I will see you very soon.

Thanks for reading,

Katie Ellen xxxxx




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Katie Ellen. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Made By pipdig