Tuesday, 9 February 2016

Fly From The Inside

Hi guys,

I was struggling to think of a topic to talk about this week on the blog until I watched 615CareBear's new video on YouTube.

In this video she talked about how people who suffer from mental illness often hear the words "But, you don't look depressed!?". For the record this is possibly the most annoying sentence a person with mental illness can hear.

I myself have spoke often about suffering from depression & anxiety and related to this video on SO many levels and I want to talk about this with you today.

How many times after someone has committed suicide do you hear people say "But, ___ always seemed so happy!". Too often depression goes unnoticed and only rears it's ugly head from the inside until it's too late. 

I wanted to write this blog post because I want you take a look inside and outside of yourself. 

If you are lucky enough to not suffer from the sickness that is depression then I urge you to please do your research. Just because it isn't effecting you it doesn't mean it isn't effecting someone around you and it is always super important to know the warning signs.

Here are a few:

- Loss of interest in activities
- Sleeping too much or too little
- Anger or irritability
- Change in appetite
- Suicidal thoughts

Often depression hides in those people with the huge smiles and the kind heart. Just because someone isn't breaking down and asking for help it doesn't mean that they don't need it. Look deeper than the front people often put up and care for every person as if they where your family. We are all in this life together and we all deserve to feel like we belong in this world no matter what battles we may face.

Make 2016 the year that you look outside of yourself and help someone who needs it. (Even the homeless man you pass everyday, this doesn't have to be about mental illness.)  

I hope this little post can inspire you and I promise I will also be doing my best to help others too.

Thank you for reading,

Katie Ellen xx


SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Sweet post lovely, awareness is so important and more should be done to educate people on mental health issues!! X

    ReplyDelete

© Katie Ellen. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Made By pipdig