Monday, 22 February 2016

Songs Of The Month - February

Hi Guyyyyys!

Today I am continuing my series of talking about my favourite songs of the month because it is the end of February this week! WHERE IS THE TIME GOING!?

Anyway, you know I love nothing more than telling you about songs that I've been loving so let's just jump straight into it, shall we?

1. Miguel - Coffee Ft Wale

I went through a faze of listening to Miguel's 'Wildheart' album on repeat last year and then done that thing where you over listen to something so much that you kind of just go off it! However, I have recently rediscovered it and I must say - OBSESSED ALL OVER AGAIN. 

This is one of the first songs I fell in love with off of the album and no matter how many times I listen to this over and over I still love it just as much as the first time! It's just such a relaxing song and I love how soft his voice is - it's like having a little angel singing in my ear!

I can also sing / rap ALL the words to this song so you know - I'm kind of a big deal. 




2. Stromae - Ta Fete

Bet you didn't think I was one to listen to music in other languages, did you!?
SURPRISE.

Honestly, Stromae is one of my favourite artists at the moment. If you take anything from this post I want you to watch THIS video on YouTube of one of his live concerts. One word - breath taking, I love how much creativity he puts into his music.

This song literally makes me want to just get up and conquer the whole world. I may not understand most of the words he's saying but he's that much of an amazing artist that you don't need to understand French to be able to connect with his music. He is FABULOUS.


3. Twenty One Pilots - Stressed Out

Since I now have a fur baby (puppy) who takes up all of my attention I have spent a lot of time watching the music channels & seeing what has been in the charts the past couple of weeks and when this song came on I was instantly intrigued.

I love the way this song talks about how much things change when you grow up and how insecure we can get.. which is definantly something i'm relating to these days! It's definantly one of my favourites in the charts at the minute and I always do a little head nod dance every time it comes on.




4, Rudimental Ft Ed Sheeran - Lay It All On Me

This is another one I discovered through the charts. I've always been a massive fan of Mr Sheeran and this song is just all kinds of on point!

I love how nice the lyrics are and who can deny Ed's beautiful voice! I always find myself having a little smile when this song comes on and it's also good to have a little boogy to as well! WIN.


5. Coldplay - Hymn For The Weekend

Well if I do say so this song has been my absolute JAM lately. I've been a massive fan of Coldplay since Chris was running down the beach talking about how everything was all yellow that one time.

I must say - in my opinion - I love their newer music much more than their older stuff - although I do love that too of course.

This song just makes me sing so loud without even realising. I love how powerful and uplifting the chorus is and how perfect Chris' vocals are. I will be seeing them in concert this summer and the video makes me have goosebumps with excitement to see them play live. Love, love love.




So, there are my top 5 songs of the month! Please leave me a comment and let me know 5 of yours so I can have a listen and hopefully find some new songs to obsess over!

Thank you so much for reading,

Katie Ellen xxx



SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Love this post! I'm going to have a listen shortly... I've been a big fan on Stromae - they're such witty lyrics. Haven't seen his videos yet so going to check them out as per your recommendation!

    HBR xxx

    http://honestbeautyreviewer.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

© Katie Ellen. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Made By pipdig