Sunday, 17 January 2016

Songs Of The Month - January

Hello my little loves!

As I promised I would include music related posts on my blog as music is a HUGE part of my life I have decided that I will be doing a monthly post of my favourite songs of the month! HOW EXCITING!?

I have decided to use a minimum of five songs each month as I listen to music so much I'd have you here until next January telling you all of my monthly faves! Haha!

I'm going to link the pictures in this post to the songs so feel free to give the pictures a little click if you want to check out any of the songs!

1 - MELANIE MARTINEZ - TRAINING WHEELS

So, after watching one of my favourite you tubers Glam And Gore do a make up tutorial on Melanie Martinez I decided to check her out as I had never heard of her before and was very intrigued by her unique look as I am a sucker for anyone who looks a little out of the ordinary (I mean that in a complimentary way).

Cutting a long journey short after searching Melanie on you tube and obsessing over her I decided to go to Apple Music and listen to the full 'Cry Baby' album and I can honestly say that I haven't stopped listening since! She laid the tracks out to tell the story of a character Melanie had made up named 'Cry Baby'. If there's anything I love more than good music - It's good music with a story!

A specific song that stuck with me is called Training Wheels. It's a lovely sweet song that still has a dark side to it which I absoloutley love.



2. NEWTON FAULKNER - STEP IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION

If any of you know me personally then you will know that I have been a huge fan of Mr Faulkner for around 8+ years. Call me bias all you want but this man can do no wrong for me. 

However, I can assure you that these reviews will be from a complete place of honesty and I would not be including this if I genuinely didn't feel this could change your life. I have turned a number of people in my life into Newton Faulkner fans and I am not about to stop now, haha! 

Newton has recently released a new album called Human Love and although I whole heartedly adore every track 'Step In The Right Direction' really changed me for the better. After my granddad passing the thought of returning to normal life felt like an impossible task. However, as always his songs gave me the push I needed to believe that I can carry on and I assure you this isn't the first time his songs have done this for me.

If you haven't yet listened to Newton Faulkner then please do - I promise his music will change your life!



3. CARLY RAE JEPSEN - ALL THAT

Okay, okay I know what you're thinking but just hear me out for a second!

I was a person who listened to 'Call Me Maybe' and wanted to cut off my ears too! But after hearing 'Run Away With Me' I decided to give Carly Rae Jepsen a second chance. 

I decided to give her newest album Emotion a listen and I can honestly say that there are a few songs on there that have become some of my favourite songs. After thinking she was a one hit wonder with a really annoying song I can honestly sit here and tell you that she has A LOT more to offer than cheesy pop songs.

One of my favourites from the album is one called 'All That'. It has a real 80's vibe to it which I adore and the lyrics are really beautiful and easy to connect with. I hope this changes how you feel about her too if you feel the same way I did.



4. BRING ME THE HORIZON - FOLLOW YOU

Back when I was a teenager I'll be the first to admit that although I was massively into rock, metal, punk. etc. I was never a huge fan of Bring Me The Horizon.

Being almost 21 now I feel like as I have matured so has their music and O M G I cannot get enough of their new album - especially the song 'Follow You'. It's a song that I connect with on so many levels and the musical composition of this song makes it all the more perfect, 

Although that is a song that sticks out to me I am also loving all the songs on the new album and really think that they are about to start a whole new amazing journey in their careers that I am super excited to follow.



5. BEN HOWARD - I FORGET WHERE WE WERE

I don't even know where to start with this one. 

I have been a fan of Ben since his 'Every Kingdom' album was released. I can't even put into words how much his music takes me to a place of peace and comfort in my heart and as soon as I heard the first few chords of 'I Forget Where We Were' I felt these things immediately. 

His poetic lyrics and perfect composition are a no brained winner in my opinion and I will continue to support Mr Howard as long as he keeps bringing music that pulls on my poor little heart strings!

If you're looking for lyrics with meaning and some peace & comfort from music then Ben is your man.




I will end my musical rambles here but please do leave a comment below letting me know if you gave any of the songs above a listen and let me know what you thought!

Have the best week & thank you for reading,

Katie Ellen,

SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Such a good idea for a series lovely!! - I love Ben Howard :) xX

    ReplyDelete

© Katie Ellen. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Made By pipdig